Tips for successful wooden floor installation and maintenance
Read the manual:
> Load and read this installation guide before actual installation. (pdf) NOTE! 230 mm wide WiseLoc boards has to be glued from the end tongue.
- Measure the humidity of both the concrete and the room air before installation. If the room’s air humidity is over 60% or the humidity of the concrete is over 80%, do not start the installation.
- Even out and clean the sub-floor carefully before installation. Even very small loose dirt under the parquet can cause tension in the floor.
- Plan the installation carefully. Arrange for the required tools and materials and calculate the parquet requirements carefully. Take time to read the installation instructions.
- Proceed systematically and according to the instructions.
- Install the flooring as separate tiles with expansion gaps. Installing the flooring of many rooms as a joined parquet area prevents the wooden floor from expanding and shrinking normally and causes tension in the floor.
- For special floor designs (oriels, niches, slanted walls etc.), please ask for advice from an expert or the factory.
- Remember to add expansion gaps around solid structures and furniture.
- When installing the floor as a floating floor, do not lock the flooring by:
- installing heavy fixtures on the parquet
- gluing the parquet to the sub-floor even partially
- fixing skirting boards or thresholds on / through the floor or too firmly against the wall.
- Maintain optimal conditions for the parquet before, during and after installation. (The relative humidity of the air 40% to 60% RH, temperature +18°C to 24 °C)
- Do not use excessive force – the WiseLoc lock system may be damaged.
- Overlap the floorboards according to the instructions and remember the minimum length and width of the boards on the edges of the floor.
- Take good care of the floor:
- Vacuum and mop regularly.
- Do not use excessive amounts of or excessively strong detergents.
- Clean stains immediately with suitable cleaning detergents.
- Protect and recondition the parquet, if required.